Below are some suggested activities and order of play to do with your children as you do Sunday Church together. Each week there will be activity sheets and also some things to watch or listen to.
You can print the below running order off here:
1. Follow the main service for songs, a Children’s talk and a song with actions.
2. During the sermon the children can follow any of the activities below whilst the sermon is on:
3. Children can join for the songs at the end of the service
At the end of the service here are some ideas for you to follow as a family:
A. Ask some simple questions
- What do we learn about God?
- What do we learn about ourselves?
- What do I need to do now I know that about God?
Big Idea: Jesus’ followers will make other people’s lives better as they live very differently, and this will cause others to love God too.
Aim: For the children to identify a way in their life that they can live very differently from others because of their faith in Jesus. Pray that this would cause others would love God too.
B. Pray with your children about what you have discussed
- In the craft the children will have written or drawn ways in which they would like their lives to be different to others because of their faith in Jesus.
- Stick the flames onto a board or wall and turn off the lights.
- Use a torch to point at each flame and pray about what has been written or drawn.