Below are some suggested activities and order of play to do with your children as you do Sunday Church together. Each week there will be activity sheets and also some things to watch or listen to.
You can print the below running order off here:
1. Follow the main service for songs, a Children’s talk and a song with actions.
2. Read the Bible passage with your children: Exodus 34:1-14.
3. During the sermon the children can follow any of the activities below whilst the sermon is on:
3. Children can join for the songs at the end of the service
At the end of the service here are some ideas for you to follow as a family:
A. Ask some simple questions
- What do we learn about God?
- What do we learn about ourselves?
- What do I need to do now I know that about God?
Main Aim: God gives his people another chance to have a special friendship with him. As proof of this, he gives them a new set of stone tablets.
B. Pray with your children about what you have discussed
- Draw an outline of a stone tablet on a sheet of A4 paper (and prepare a second copy). Ask the children to draw or write on the first sheet the things they do and think and say, our sin, which separates us from him.
- Each family member can say sorry prayers to God.
- Rip up the first stone tablet, and bring out the blank one.
- Thank God together that he gives us second chances. Because of Jesus our slate is wiped clean and we can be friends with God.